Dear SCPS Families,
As we prepare for the upcoming 2018-2019 School Year, we'd like to provide you with several useful district resources that will assist you with staying active, informed, and engaged in your child's education!
School Safety & Security: School Safety & Security is our #1 Priority! We want to ensure families discuss with their students the important motto "If you SEE Something, SAY Something!" and to add to that "DO Something!" We have 3-ways to report tips anonymously:
- SpeakOut Hotline: 800.423.TIPS
- Online: www.speakouthotline.org
- P3 Campus App
To learn more, see attached flyer: See Something Say Something.pdf
While we hope we never have to face such a situation, sadly today's reality requires us to prepare students for the potential of an active-shooter emergency. Help us educate your children on what to do should we ever be faced with such a situation. See our Run, Hide, Fight flyer attached: Run Hide Fight Flyer.pdf
Stay Connected & Informed: We have several ways for parents to stay connected and informed with the district! See all the many ways below:
- SCPS District Website: www.SCPS.us
- District Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, LinkedIn
- School Social Media Sites: click here to find your school.
- SCPS App: For Android devices, click here. For Apple devices, click here.
- School Messenger App: School Messenger is the system we use to contact you. This app helps you select how you want to be contacted by the district. School Messenger Flyer 2018.pdf
- Text Message Opt-in: Follow the instructions this flyer to learn how you can opt-in to receive text messages from your school and district. Text-Message-Flyer.pdf
*Please Note: The information the district utilizes to contact families comes from what our parents enter into Skyward. So, in order for us to reach you throughout the year, please ensure your Phone #'s, Emails, and Address are correct in the Skyward Family Access system. Remember to include your cell phone #'s as well. In order to reach you in a timely manner in the event of an emergency or for text-message purposes, we will need your mobile phone #. Otherwise, the message will likely just be going to your home phone.
Student Insurance: Did you know? SCPS offers families low-cost student insurance for just $20 to be covered during the school day for the year or $42 for the 24-hour plan for the school year. To learn more, see attached flyer: Student-Insurance-Poster.pdf
-Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS)